Sunday 29 August 2021

Baked Apples with Honey + hot yummy tea

I've just remembered of this post from a few years ago, and it is now decided it should be better reposted. We are about to be FALLING INTO FALL in the coming days, and, as I haven't made yet any seasonal specialities, I think this one would be a great starterπŸ˜‰πŸ

I rarely eat apples (well, just not my kind of fruit to eat it raw. I prefer pears, by the way:) ; but anything baked with apples is quite a different story! Apples, when baked, get so juicy and flavoursome! So, here I'm sharing a yummy idea of a healthy baked snack:

1. Wash the apples and core them so that there was a hole for a filling.
2. The filling i made was a mixture of what's usually at hand - honey, raisins, cedar nuts or just any pounded nuts and, of course, spices e.g. cinnamon & nutmeg powder.
3. Pour some water onto the bottom of a deep pan, place there your stuffed apples. Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 mins.

 ... I enjoyed my apples along with sunflower seed brittles (gosinachs) and halwa!

And the tea was very delicious - a mix of black tea with hibiscus, bits of beetroot, strawberry, raspberry & apples, flavoured with chocolate! Not of my own blend though, a store-bought variety - I'm sure it contained artificial flavours which is not acceptable for me since quite a time. I started making my own herbal tea blends, but... that's another story which is going to be revealed in my future postsπŸ˜‰



These were my first baked apples, so, yeah... they came out collapsed. Still, that didn't affect the taste... and, I will keep practicing! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment